Monday, August 17, 2009

Mary + Greg = WEDDING

Mary & Greg got married on Friday in Northeast Harbor Maine. They ceremony was held on the lawn of the Asticou Inn and the fabulous reception was held in the dining room and deck of the Inn as well. This wedding location was picked by Mary when she was a little girl and all of her dreams came true on August 14th. You'll remember Mary and Greg from the very wet engagement shoot we did a couple of months ago. We joked that they were owed a sunny gorgeous day after braving the rain and that is absolutely what they got. In fact, the weather was the first thing Mary and I said to each other when we met each other at the salon before the wedding.

As you will see, Mary looked absolutely stunning in her gown and antique veil. She didn't want to see herself after she had her dress on so that Greg could see her first. (I know he had to have been impressed) I had so much fun shooting this wedding. We wont mention anything Greg may or may not have done to injure himself the night before and gentlemanly didn't let Mary know until after the vows were said. What a trooper. No matter what, This was a fabulous and amazing wedding. With so many beautiful people almost out shined by the breathtaking scenery I could not wait to get back home and go through the pictures.


Gorgeous bride + Sweet Antique Inn suite. = Priceless Photograph
Rachel, one of the flower girls. This belongs on a wall, right?

OMG! I was so excited when I took this picture. I knew it would be adorable. These were the more adorable flower girls!


Hello?! Greg has NO idea what's coming to him.


Sweet moment with the girls in ivory. :)


Love this!


Chris, the handsomest ring barer waiting with the guys. Very professional, he took his job very seriously.


Greg's mom helping with his boutonniere and Mary's brother in the background.


umm...Molly Ringwald anyone? Whistling while we wait.


Waiting
here she comes. (look at those handsome guys. What a good looking group!)


I wonder what he was thinking? (my guess is "wow")


First prayer


Benediction


On to the formals

This is a hardcore couple will go anywhere for a great shot. Love you guys!

This is my version of a picture taken at Greg's parent's wedding (see Below)



At the breathtaking Asticou Azalea Gardens

We had to capture the view from the reception. Amazing!

Mary & her Dad to the Irish Lullaby...tears all around
Greg & his mom

Just love this one. So intimate.

Sleeping princess


Absolutely love this! I wish I could make this happen at all my weddings. :)

4 comments:

CountessLaurie said...

Oh my heck! I love them all. They made me laugh and cry all at the same time! Such beautiful work. I can't wait to see the rest of them.

-Laurie (mother of the flower girls!)

Kathy Buchanan said...

You captured everything I was feeling the entire day! It is a good thing I am sitting here alone in my office at MHS, because the tears are rolling again! (By the way, did you happen to photograph the vehicle the grandparents were transported on? It was a hoot!) I am so proud to have such wonderful children! (Mary, David and Greg) Congratulations, Mary and Greg!

Unknown said...

MJ said...Thanks for sharing your day - Mary you look fabulous! I will miss you this year. Congratulations to you and Greg!

Modern Day Mom said...

Beautiful Pics, but then again you had some wonderful people to shoot. The photos really captured the day.